Sunday, June 24, 2012

June Blog Carnival and BoHo Bliss

June's Blog Carnival revolves around what is inspiring you now? Recently I won a spot in the coveted BoHo Bliss class, conducted by Deryn Mentock. It was basically a godsend because I've been wanting to learn more about metal smithing and using the torch really bad for time now - in a somewhat controlled environment. YouTube vids only go so far. I had the opportunity to take a class a few months ago to make these very cool 'spiculum earrings' and it left me wanting more! Sadly the classes kept getting cancelled, so I just said what the heck I'll try out for this one of two free spots Deryn's giving away. The worst that could happen is I just don't win it, but I did. Holy Cow! 

So this has been my inspiration for months now and I can finally get my torch on! Here is what I've been doing for the last week or so. There's more to come, so keep tuning in.

Starting with the basics... earwires! I've done lots
of them, just never hammered them. Gives them
a whole different look. I'm loving it!

Some more earwires and the "Ellipse" earring.
The Ellipse earring has an elegant profile in the ear.
Now we're getting in to the meat of things. The first hoop Deryn walks us through is simple
yet very elegant. Can't wait to get to the dangle hoops next!

Thank you for stopping by and looking. If you want to see more eye candy, please take a look at my fellow Jewelry Artisan Group friends' blogs:

2 comments:

N Valentine Studio said...

I love those hoops! Looks like you are having a lot of fun.

Dawn said...

Wow, Jeanne!

I am so glad you won a spot in that class - I can see that you are inspired in a big way. Can't wait to see what you do next!