Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tools of the Trade

Pliers are my staple. I have several pair that do many things, but there are a couple of them that I really love. There's nothing like a good pair of bail maker pliers to help make ear wires and ear cuffs, and then I have these nifty Magic Crimping Pliers that turn a 2x2mm crimp tube into a perfect little 2mm ball, which is a crimp! How cool is that? I think it's way cool, and much more elegant than putting a crimp cover over a squished crimp. Hey we all have to start somehwere and I certainly did use crimp covers for the first couple years I did jewelry simply because I had not heard of the "magic" crimp pliers yet. Besides, I think they are a relatively new type of tool.  Here's a demo of the Magic Crimping Pliers, and a pic of my own Magic Crimping pliers.

No comments: